|CAPITALS:||JOHANNESBURG, CAPE TOWN,
|AREA:|| - Total 1,221,037 km2 (25th)
471,443 sq mi
- Water (%)negligible
|LANGUAGES:|| ENGLISH, AFRIKAANS, XHOSA
|CURRENCY:||SOUTH AFRICAN RAND (ZAR)|
|TIME ZONE:||SAST (UTC+2)|
|WET SEASON:||MAY - OCTOBER (SOUTHERN)
NOVEMBER - APRIL (NORTHERN)
|DRY SEASON:||NOVEMBER - APRIL (SOUTHERN)
MAY - OCTOBER (NORTHERN)
Heading out at dawn on a Big 5 safari, soaking up the sun on unspoilt beaches, sampling fine wines in mountain vineyards or living it up in a world-class restaurant after 18 holes on a championship golf course – no matter what's on your getaway wish list, a South Africa holiday will tick all the right boxes.
Anchored at the base of the African continent, South Africa is perhaps its most diverse country and is home to some of Africa's most iconic characters, destinations and experiences.
TOP 10 REASONS TO VISIT:
- Fabulous climate, with sunshine almost year round
- Wide variety of breathtaking scenery, quaint coastal villages and cosmopolitan cities, all of which can be combined with a truly exhilarating Big Five African Safari
- Excellent infrastructure, making the country great for self drive. Good value destination
- Friendly hospitable people – a vibrant mix of African culture and Western sophistication
- Witness firsthand the emergence of an extraordinary nation through township tours, cultural village and historical site visits
- The cradle of humankind: Sterkfontein is one of the world’s most productive and important paleoanthropological sites.
- Excellent international flight connections and minimal time difference when flying from Europe
- Wide variety of hotels, small, personalized privately owned properties, guest houses and boutique hotels
- Easily combinable with Swaziland, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Mozambique, and the Indian Ocean Islands
- South Africa has been pivotal in the creation of vast transfrontier “Peace Parks” involving major cross border conservation initiatives and bringing benefits to the communities involved
- The rainbow nation really does have something for everyone... apart from that, SA is friendly and affordable.